Neighborhood Roots Food Collective exists to support community members and local farmers in growing the food that we eat, while helping to ensure that all of our neighbors have access to healthy, locally-produced food.
Food is more than just what we eat.
It’s about Relationships.
With our neighbors, with our farmers, with the land.
It’s about Sharing with and Caring for one another.
It’s about Empowerment and Security.
Knowing we can feed ourselves. Right. Here.
Good food shouldn’t be a privilege, it’s for ALL of us.
Growing, Sharing, Preserving, Enjoying, Empowering, Together
We’re a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization!
All donations to Neighborhood Roots are tax deductible. Please consider supporting our current and future work on food security and food access in our community.
- Click on the “Donate” button above to contribute with a credit or debit card
(Paypal account not required).
- Or, mail a check (payable to “NRFC”) to:
Neighborhood Roots Food Collective, 1917 E. Mountain Rd., Guilford, VT 05301
Recent News and Food for Thought:
- 2021 Community Harvest Swap & Seed-Saving Workshop – Oct. 2ndAre you excited about all things local, home grown, homemade & hand-crafted? Bring your homestead surplus for a Community Harvest Swap with your neighbors! Toni
- Medicinal Plants of the Home and Garden Workshop – Aug. 21Spend the morning at the homestead of Guilford herbalist, Julie Beet. We’ll sip tea from the garden while strolling through the gardens and land. Learn
- ‘Urine My Garden’ Workshop – July 11th‘Urine My Garden’ WorkshopWhen: Sunday, July 11th at 3pm (Raindate July 25th)Where: Comfrey Commons, 1917 E. Mountain Rd. Guilford, VTSuggested Donation: $5 – $20 Urine
- The Science of Companion Planting Workshop – June 27thWhen: Sunday, June 27th at 3pm Where: Comfrey Commons, 1917 E. Mountain Rd. Guilford, VTSuggested Donation: $5 – $20 Companion planting has long lived in the
- Community Plant & Seed Swap w/ Seed Saving Workshop – May 15thWe’ll start things off with a seed saving workshop with Toni Kessler, Owner/Grower of West River Seeds. Then we begin the swap – where we’ll